Cardboard tubes (toilet paper rolls, toilet tubes) probably fill up a significant part of anybody’s trash can. There are infinite possibilities for repurposing that unsightly part of our bathroom inventory.
Here's one of them: you can flatten the tubes and cut them into smaller pieces. These can then be used as petals which you glue together to make different shapes.
Take a look at these examples:
1) a simple, abstract shape - tutorial available at Growing up creative
2) a chubby flowery shape - by myrtle&eunice
3) square shaped decorations:
by Just me and t :
by uknown author:
4) an enriched form: petals glued to a colored paper or cardboard. Branches are optional!
By Revolutionaries blog :
5) the same technique can be used to decorate smaller surfaces such as a photo frame, as seen on spoonful.com
Extra tip: if you want to color bigger areas in one color, it would be easier to use spray paint than a brush.